Research in Aging
- National Institute on Aging: Spotlight on Aging Research
- National Institute on Aging Inside NIA: A Blog for Researchers
- National Institute on Aging searchable database for epidemiologic research on aging changes across the lifespan.
Research Training Opportunities
- Cornell Summer Research Training Institute in Geriatric Mental Health
- National Institute on Aging Summer Institute on Aging Research
- National Institute on Aging Research Training and Career Award Support
- National Institute on Aging information for New and Early Stage Investigators
- National Institute of Health Summer Institute on Randomized Behavioral Clinical Trials
- GeroCentral.org Fellowship section
- Thinking Inside the Box: A Strategic Approach to Message-Driven Posters [GSA Webinar Archive: October 4, 2011]
Research and Achievement Awards
Society of Clinical Geropsychology Awards
- Distinguished Clinical Mentorship Award
This award recognizes clinical geropsychologists who have played important roles in the clinical supervision of psychology graduate students, interns, and/or postdoctoral fellows who provide services to older adults.
- Annual Student Paper Award Competition
This award is for exemplary student research papers
- M. Powell Lawton Award
This award recognizes lifetime contribution to Clinical Geropsychology
APA Division 20 Awards
- Baltes Distinguished Research Achievement (DRA) Award
This award recognizes distinguished careers and outstanding contributions to the psychological science of aging.
- Developmental Health Award
This biennial award is sponsored by Divisions 20 and 38 of the APA and recognizes individuals who have made scholarly contributions to the fields of health and aging.
- John Santos Distinguished Program Development in Clinical Gerontology Award
In 2009, the Executive Committee of Division 20 inaugurated the John Santos Distinguished Program Development in Clinical Gerontology award, using Division funds.
- M. Powell Lawton Distinguished Contribution Award for Applied Gerontology
The Retirement Research Fund Distinguished Contribution Award in Applied Gerontology is presented in honor of the memory of M. Powell Lawton to recognize those whose contributions have improved the quality of life of older persons.
- Mentorship Awards in Aging
The recipient will be presented with a plaque and a cash award of $1,500 at the Division 20 Business Meeting during the annual APA convention in the year the award is received.
- Retirement Research Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Award in the Psychology of Aging
This award recognizes a doctoral student or recent graduate for exemplary research contributing to theory or practice of adult development and aging.
- Springer Early Career Achievement Award in Research on Adult Development and Aging
The Springer Early Career Achievement Award is designed to honor an individual whose work has made significant early career contributions to understanding critical issues in the psychology of adult development and aging.
- Student & Postdoctoral Travel Awards Program for Completed Research
The Division of Adult Development and Aging (Division 20) of the American Psychological Association is sponsoring a series of awards for student and post-doctoral research.
- Walter G. McMillen Memorial Award for Parkinson’s Disease Research
This award recognizes graduates student’s research on Parkinson’s Disease.
Council of Professional Geropsychology Training Programs Awards
- Innovative Geropsychology Training Award
This award recognizes one member program per year for providing innovative training in the field.
- Award for Research or Program Evaluation in Geropsychology Training
This award supports a project that promotes state-of-the art education and training in professional geropsychology.
Psychologists in Long Term Care Awards
- Annual Professional Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education, Science and Practice in Long Term Care. Contact Victor Molinari, PhD at VMolinari@usf.edu for more information.
- Student Research Award. Contact Craig Schweon, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
APA Committee On Aging Award
- Award for the Advancement of Psychology and Aging
This award for outstanding achievement is presented annually to recognize psychologists and friends of psychology who have made significant contributions to the mission of the Committee on Aging (CONA).